“Roger & JP’s Best Friends Contest”
WBAB OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, “Roger & JP’s Best Friends Contest” (the “Contest”) is open to residents of Nassau or Suffolk County in the state of New York who are 21 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Media Group/WBAB (“Sponsor”), Security Dodge and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
3. How To Enter. Submissions for the Contest will be accepted beginning at 8:00 a.m. E.T. on Monday, April 15, 2013 and ending on 12:00 p.m. E.T. on Friday, May 17, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
As part of the registration process, you must upload your original photo in one of the following formats: .jpg or .bmp. Submission photo must feature two women, one of which is the person entering the contest. Both people in the photos must agree to be entered into the contest otherwise the entry is disqualified.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
In the event that the Sponsor does not receive enough eligible entries to conduct the contest, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the contest and no prize will be awarded. This determination will be made solely by the Sponsor prior to the start of voting on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.
4. Entry Restrictions.All contestants must be 21 years of age or older and live in Nassau or Suffolk County. Subjects of the photograph must be female, 21 years of age or older and live in Nassau or Suffolk County. All photo submissions may contain only two subjects. Contestants or photograph subjects found to not meet all necessary criteria will be immediately disqualified. Proof of residency or another other applicable rule must be provided to sponsor within 24 hours upon request. Entries must be suitable for a general audience; cannot contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); and cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Sponsor. Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Winner Selection.
Eighteen (18) contestants will be selected as qualifiers by a committee of judges consisting of WBAB employees based on the following criteria (“Criteria”): (1) entry clarity and composition of photograph (25%); (2) creativity of submission (25%); (3) appearance and physique (50%). The entrants with the highest cumulative score will be designated the qualifiers. Six contestants will be included in each of the three Qualifying Rounds.
Two Finalists will be selected from each of three Qualifying Rounds (total of six Finalists). Qualifying Round One will run from Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 8am through Friday, May 10, 2013 at 8am. Qualifying Round Two will run from Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 8am through Friday, May 17, 2013 at 8am. Qualifying Round Three will run from Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 8am through Friday, May 24, 2013 at 8am. Finals will run from Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 8am through Friday, May 31, 2013 at 8am.
During the three “Qualifying Rounds”, visitors to the Website will be prompted to vote for their favorite contestant from among the top six entries chosen by the judges. Visitors must register prior to voting and may vote only once per hour in each qualifying round. One vote per registered visitor will be accepted in the finals. The use of software or other automated processes to submit multiple votes is prohibited and votes submitted by such means will be disqualified and disregarded. Please note that even if a particular entry is shown as the leader at the close of the Contest Period that entry has not yet won. All results are unofficial until verified by Sponsor.
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at approximately 8am, the two (2) contestants that receive the highest number of votes will be the named the potential First Round Finalists upon verification by Sponsor.
On Friday, May 17, 2013 at approximately 8am, the two (2) contestants that receive the highest number of votes will be the named the potential Second Round Finalists upon verification by Sponsor.
On Friday, May 24, 2013 at approximately 8am, the two (2) contestants that receive the highest number of votes will be the named the potential Third Round Finalists upon verification by Sponsor.
In the event that one of the Finalists is disqualified or unable to move on to the finals for any reason, the contestant with the third highest number of votes in that round will be named the replacement Finalist.
During the “Finals Round”, visitors to the Website will be prompted to vote for their favorite contestant from among the top six entries chosen during the Qualifying Rounds.
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at around 8:30am, the one Finalist that receives the highest number of votes will be the named Grand Prize Winner upon verification by Sponsor.
In the event of a statistical tie in the Qualifying Rounds, both tied contestants will move on to the finals. In the event of a statistical tie in the Finals, WBAB will ask listeners to call 631-955-9222 to vote for their favorite out of the two tied finalists. Out of the first five calls taken, the finalist with the most votes will be the grand prize winner. All decisions of the Contest judges are final.
6. Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000. The decision whether or not to share the prize money between the subjects in the photo or how to split money is at the sole discretion of the person who submitted the entry originally.
Prize will be fulfilled approximately 30 days after the conclusion of the Contest.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified prior to each qualifying round at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
All finalists must be present at the WBAB Studios in West Babylon on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:30am in order to win the grand prize. In the event the Finalist with the most votes isn’t present, the Grand Prize will be awarded to the contestant who is present and has the next highest number of votes.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 555 Sunrise Highway in West Babylon within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. E.S.T. and 5:30 p.m. E.S.T. weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within fourteen days (14) of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by based upon the entry that received the next highest number of votes. Sponsor will select up to one alternate potential winners, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Authorization. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) YOUR ENTRY IS ORIGINAL, WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; (II) YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY FROM EVERYONE NAMED, DESCRIBED, OR APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY AND FROM THE OWNERS OF ALL LOCATIONS APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY, AND YOU CAN MAKE THOSE AUTHORIZATIONS AVAILABLE TO SPONSOR UPON REQUEST; (III) THE ENTRY YOU ARE SUBMITTING HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PUBLISHED OR ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION AND IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION; AND (IV) YOU WILL NOT DISSEMINATE OR OTHERWISE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TO ANY OTHER ENTITY FOR PUBLICATION.
10. Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., SECURITY DODGE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
11. Indemnification. If Sponsor’s use of your entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
12. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
13. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize based upon the entries that received the highest number of votes.
14. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
15. Sponsor. The “Roger & JP’s Best Friends Contest” is sponsored by Cox Media Group/WBAB. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after June 3, 2013) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit WBAB.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “Roger & JP’s Hottest Best Friends Contest”, 555 Sunrise Highway in West Babylon. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact WBAB Promotions at 631-587-1023.